Friday, November 26, 2010

Black Friday

Last year, Steve went to Target to get the kids Razors.
He arrived at 6am - two hours too late - as they opened at 4am.
There was no parking.
He stood in line FOREVER.
But he got the Razors.
That was his first and last experience with Black Friday.

Americans spend $450 BILLION on Christmas...
YES - $450 BILLION
I have to just stop and let that sink in.
Wow!
I have no idea how much money that is.
I will never have any idea how much money that is.
And we are about to embark on a mission.
One that helps the most destitute of the world.
One that takes just a few dollars to change the life of a person.
Man, if we could have $450 BILLION - I think we really could change the WORLD!

A typical Black Friday for us looks like this ---
We get as far away from the shopping craziness as we can.
We drive out of the city ... into the mountains.
We buy a Christmas tree permit and go on a hunt for the perfect tree.
Our tree is usually far too big ... they just look so small out there in the big forest.

Tomorrow is our big tree cutting day.
I think I'm as excited about it as the kids!

Happy Black Friday ... however you may have spent it.

No comments: