Friday, November 7, 2008

'Tis the Season


... for Shoeboxes!



This year, I decided to do it a bit differently.

Yesterday, I took Shiloh to the $1.00 store to go shopping for her girl, aged 5-9. She was thrilled to find a toothbrush, toothpaste, hairbrush, hair accessories, jewelry, a coloring book, pencils, pens, erasers, a pencil holder, jacks, plastic farm animals ...

Today, I took Landon to the $1.00 store to go shopping for his boy, aged 2-4. He was beside himself finding a coloring book, plastic dinosaurs, balls, a football pen, a pencil holder ... and he wanted to give him some of the candy we got for Halloween. Not to mention some of his own clothes, toys, shoes, fruit leather (his favorite snack). My boy is a giver!

It was a fun time! We packed them up this afternoon. I think they've unpacked and repacked them 1/2 a dozen times.

Tonight, they prayed for the girl and boy ... ah, my heart is happy.
Packing shoeboxes is truly a joy in our house.

1 comment:

Shawn said...

Truly, we are more blessed to give... Shoeboxes are one of my favorite things too. Will meet up with richie soon to do our own shopping. love you all!!!