Meet Dorin (Dor-een)
We "adopted" Dorin for our 10th anniversary.
She was my gift to Steve!
I thought our money was better spent giving it away than taking a lavish vacation.
We are blessed to be able to help this precious 6 year old who has no parents, but lives with her aunt in a one-room home. She is involved with Chikumbuso in Zambia and is attending school there.

And this is the bag Steve got me from Chikumbuso. The widows crochet them out of recycled plastic bags. I love it and carry it every where I go!
If you haven't been to their web site yet, you need to! http://www.chikumbuso.com/
Did I mention that for $500 a year, you provide a child with a
matress, blanket, mosquito net, washing basin, toothbrush, toothpaste, umbrella, a new pair of school shoes, a health card that provides a YEARS worth of services at the local clinic. The child also receives a monthly delivery of soap, mealie meal, oil, sugar and beans!
1 comment:
Sweet sweet sweet!!!! What a darling little girl Dorin is! Cute bag too. Excellent gift ideas for one another.
Post a Comment