We do not have a family doctor.
We do not have a pediatritian.
We do not take our kids in for "well baby" check ups.
We do not vaccinate our kids for anything.
In fact ...
None of our kids have been to the doctor in 3 1/2 years.
Shiloh was 3 years old and Landon 21 months.
They went to the doctor for their last "well baby" check up.
When I need a doctor, I call Joanie Coffey, a naturopath in Denver.
I give my kids herbs everyday preventatively.
When sick, I give them herbs multiple times a day and they always recover.
But yesterday, Sawyer had a fever of 103.
He has been miserable and just can't get over his "cold."
Last night's sleep was brutal!
I suspected an ear infection.
Today, Sawyer had his first ever doctor's appointment.
Just as I thought, he has an ear infection.
Naturally, the doctor prescribed an antibiotic, Azithromycin.
Many tears were shed as I struggled with whether I should give it to him or not.
In the end, I decided I couldn't push through another week ...
hoping that the home remedies would bring relief.
We're all exhausted and need a good night's sleep.
After the first dose, his fever is gone and I can tell he's doing better.
When necessary, doctors and medicine sure are a life saver!!!
1 comment:
I sure hope that sweet baby is feeling better today. ... And you are too.
Post a Comment