Thursday, January 7, 2010

Breech Scare

So, yesterday was my midwifery appointment.
Everything is good - baby moving, iron count high enough...
but when checking the heart beat, it was in a different part of my belly. What? Is this baby breech???
An exam was inconclusive - as the head could not be felt.
So - off to an ultrasound I went.
But not without a bucket of tears, as I feared the worst.

Breech baby = c-section

Waiting seemed like forever!
At last - my name was called.
The tech put the ultrasound dopler on the lower part of my belly....
"Nope, this baby is head down," she declared, much to my delight.

What an emotional day!
Tears followed by intense joy.

So now, we continue to wait.
Tomorrow is my due date.
This morning Landon declared, "Shiloh, tomorrow your baby sister will be born!"
Oh I hope so! I feel like I could burst! ;-)

1 comment:

Shawn said...

sorry for your scare... :( but I am glad all is well. Yes, I too, hope that baby sister comes tomorrow. Love to all.