Friday, April 24, 2009

A little silver lining

My time with the new Lead Mentor Mom and the Co-coordinator went well. We talked for over 3 hours ... but in the end, we were all on the same page. Bottom line, we've decided that we will keep MOPS at the sponsoring church. None of us felt that the reasons some families are leaving the church warrant a church split. And those reasons definately don't warrant MOPS packing up and heading elsewhere.

I'm relieved. I think moving MOPS would have done more harm than good.

Our fundraiser is only 2 weeks away. So far, it's falling into place. We've had a surprising number of donations for the auction, considering the economy and all. We haven't sold as many tickets as we'd hoped yet ... but there's still time. I've enjoyed coordinating this dinner, but I'm looking forward to having the work off my plate. We (I in particular) are hoping to find someone else to be the Fundraising Coordinator next year.

No comments: