Monday, November 24, 2008

Please Pray!

Scott and Stefanie were in my last Bradley class.
Their baby, Kian was born full-term but was not breathing when he was born.
He was taken to the NICU ... and died when he was 6 days old!

"Their baby had a good heartbeat throughout labor,
but made no effort to breathe when born.
Does this sometimes happen? Yes, regardless of where a baby is born.
Why? Often no answer is available, no clear findings are determined.
I think we as a society have forgotten that birth, like life, doesn’t come with guarantees.
There will never be a zero infant mortality rate, and, regardless of our attempts to control the birth process, sometimes babies die." - Hilary Schlinger, midwife

God is indeed the giver and taker of life.
But Scott and Stefanie do not have the same hope in Jesus.
Please pray for them as they grieve. This was their first baby.

4 comments:

Joan V said...

Oh Lisa, my heart is so sad for them. I can't even imagine their pain. Do you think you'll have much contact with them?

Tisha said...

Will pray. Can not imagine that kind of loss.

Lisa Stucky said...

Yes, Stef and I were good friends. I expect to continue that friendship ... altho I may not hear from them for awhile initially.

SoHappyTogether said...

Oh no, I'm so sorry. I prayed for them. --Laura