Thursday, April 10, 2008

39 weeks & the test of PATIENCE

I am failing this test MISERABLY!
I was really hoping this baby would come early.
Now, 39 weeks - I'm doing all I can to just not complain.

My amazing husband was gracious enough to let me sleep in today.
I guess I was tired - I slept until 10:30am! WOW.

I see my midwife today.
I suppose if I really wanted to - I could get a jump start with castor oil. But God has a birthday already set for this little one, so I wait - impatiently - but I wait.

8 comments:

Tisha said...

Oh Lisa, the end is so hard! I drank caster oil, twice (with no success:( so I know exactly how you feel. Hang in there, the end is near. Can't wait to see your little man!

kcknoles said...

Lisa, can't wait to hear your news! Hang in there! I remember at times thinking "I can't stay pregnant forever, right?!" Ha! It sure seemed like it!

Joan V said...

Oh man, I remember those days. Hang in there! We look forward to hearing the good news of his arrival VERY soon.

~Kim said...

Oh, I imagine it is hard to wait for the baby to come, but he will, he really will! :-) I'm looking forward to coming here and seeing a pic of your new little one any day now! :-)

Ruthie said...

all in good time..... When the baby comes it will undoubtedly be harder to sleep until 10:30.

But I do remember that sense of impatience, and not knowing. My advice is to schedule hosting a big dinner party on your due date. That usually brings on labor.

Shawn said...

Keep on truckin, little mama. I know you are having a rough row. I am praying for you and thinking of you all the time. Can't wait to get to you and give you cuddles. ;o) Tammy and the bachelor is already at the libary... too fast. They are uber efficient. I love you very much. Hugs and kisses. xoxoxo

Tisha said...

Checking back in...waiting along with you.

Ruthie said...

Thinking of you today!

And wishing I could be with you for the birth.

Come on, little one. Your fans are ready to greet you.