I thought I should clarify ...
YES, Abq has been very difficult on us!
YES, I want to go to MT to get away from Abq AND see friends.
YES, I wish we were in MT and not in Abq.
BUT ...
I am really soul searching and asking God to use this trip to help me gain a new perspective about being here. I know this is where God wants us to be, I'm just not all that happy with it. I need a renewed sense of vision as to why we came here in the first place. I know God has something to teach me while we're here and I don't want to miss out! AND before we got here, I was indeed excited about the new direction God had us on and the future awaiting us.
I know I've been quite the complainer during this difficult season and I need to dig down deep and get more intimate with God. It's not easy, but it's a MUST. I need to silence my mouth and open my heart.
So, please pray for this trip to Montana ...
*for our safety on the road (and no major snow storms)
*for a good time of bonding with my mom
*AND for me to come home a different person with a renewed sense of vision and hope in our being here and the future God has in store for us.
Thanks a ton!
5 comments:
Lisa,
I will keep you in my prayers. Have a wonderful time and may God give you a peace that passes understanding.
I will pray for you. I can relate some to what you are experiencing...when we left Boulder for MN, it was really hard. I think I loved CO the way you love MT :-)
I cried so much those first months. We knew that God had led us here, so we kept on trying to "unpack our bags" emotionally and really be here.
I tried to follow Elisabeth Elliot's advice to just "do the next thing" and it did help me keep going.
Now, when I look back it still does not all make sense to me, but I know that God has purpose in it. And, we would not have OUR KIDS if we had not been here and gone through the adoption agency here, etc.
Gee, this is kind of long for a comment, isn't it?! All that to say that I understand some of your pain and I hope God will encourage you on this trip and in the months to come in Albq.
Love you and will be praying as you requested.
What a gift that would be for your family to have a Momma with a vision for what Jesus wants of you for the next year and a half. I can only guess at the toughness of the journey to get there.
I pray that this trip will signify both literally and spiritually a fresh new look at his love for you through the beauty of Montana and the love from your friends there.
Oh Lisa,
I, too, had a situation like yours for a couple of years. My kids were just a little younger than yours. I still look back on it as my "dry time." When it was over, my next place I called my "promised land." I am eternally grateful that I went through that hard time, and I'm also eternally gratefull that it ended.
So, all that to say, I will pray for you with an empathetic heart. Keep holding tightly to the Lord. He is there, even (actually ESPECIALLY) when it's hard.
Oh, something interesting -- after living in my "promised land" for a couple of years, we moved away for 3 years and then came back. That time, it was not a "promised land" anymore. It was just a place. Go figure.
Kim and Laura, thanks for sharing ... it always helps to know that someone else has been where you are. Knowing that I am not alone in my struggle helps me to press on.
Post a Comment