Monday, January 21, 2008

I am back in Abq.

Although it was NOT in the forecast,
snow, snow and more snow forced mom and I to turn around and head back south!

We made it to Sheridan, Wyoming on Thursday - 9 hours from Kalispell. We were forced to stop there instead of making it to Billings because of snow. Friday morning, there was nothing but snow and high winds in the forecast from Friday thru Sunday!!! We actually drove west for 30 miles just to see for ourselves and the forecast was right this time.

The kids and I got back last night - which wound up being the best thing as both of them are sick. Now they can recover in the comfort of their own beds!

Just for peace of mind in my decision, I called the Montana road report again yesterday.
From Bozeman to Missoula, it was snowing with snow packed and icy roads. The temperature was -10 to 10 degrees!!! And the visivility was a mere 1/2 to 1 mile.

I knew my gut was saying turn around, although I wanted to press on. I feel confident that we made the right decision. And Steve is relieved to have us safe at home. =)

Montana will just have to wait until the summer!

1 comment:

julie said...

I'm finally here. It took me awhile but I'm glad to be back in the loop. Glad you are safe. I'll have to catch up on the rest of the posts later.