Thursday, October 14, 2010

need.to.laugh

yes.
i need to laugh.
life has been far too serious lately.

redemption group at church has been hard.
deep.
soul searching.
lots of tears shed.
lots of digging.
hard.

kids have been sick.
lots of coughing.
throwing up.
more coughing.
not eating.
even more coughing.

school isn't going well.
i'm tired.
the kids are tired.
lots of "fits".
lots of tears.
lots of challenging moments.

i feel lost right now.
i'm searching.
i feel like i've lost my way.
i don't have a clue what i'm doing.

life has become far too serious.
i'm tired.
i'm wiped out.
i want to just sit on the couch, eat popcorn and watch movies.

i need to laugh.
got a good joke?

3 comments:

Shawn said...

pretty princess. i love you. sorry your heart is heavy. i do have a joke for you... i will tell you soon. xoxo

Eileen said...

As a working mother with an office in my home, I pride myself on maintaining a professional image. One key to that image is my answering-machine greeting, which is often the first contact clients have with me. I worked on making it sound upbeat and enthusiastic, and thought I had succeeded until a friend left this message: "Judy, this is Pam. I love your greeting, but do you know that you can hear your little boy in the background saying, 'Mommy, I gotta go potty'?"

Eileen said...

A little Halloween joke for you.
Q. Why don't skeletons fight each other?
A. They don't have the guts.