Tuesday, September 21, 2010

Landon is 6 years old

Yes - I always say, time goes FAR too quickly!
How did 6 years just slip through my fingers?
That beautiful baby boy has grown up to be quite a little man.

The birthday plan was to go camping this weekend with my mom and Aunt Judy who are arriving late Wednesday night for a visit. We are still planning to go camping, for one final time this season, IF the weather will cooperate just a little bit.

Meanwhile, about a month ago at our community group, Landon approached three families and sweetly asked, "What are you doing on September 21st? Wanna come to my house?" When asked, "Why? What's on the 21st?" Landon replied, with much excitement, "Well, it's my birthday and we're having a party!!" I however, did not know this birthday party was taking place ... and all three families said yes before I even knew what happened.

So ... tonight those three families, along with another family from co-op and one from AWANA are coming to celebrate Landon with us. I think he might have invited everyone he's ever met ... and their friends ... and their friends ... had I not stopped him!

So, party, we will ... with knights in shining armor and princesses ... and a fire-breathing dragon.

I love that boy. Landon is a sheer delight. He keeps me going all day long, as he never runs out of steam until his head hits the pillow. He continues to be my cuddle bug, always sitting on my lap for the first 20 minutes of his day. He has a heart as soft as clay. Just recently he's been asking if he can ask Jesus into his heart! When asked, "Why, Landon? Tell us more of what you're thinking about that." He replies, "Because Shiloh has Jesus in her heart." And although we haven't taken that step with him yet ... it's a great picture of his beautiful heart.

Happy birthday, buddy.

2 comments:

Shawn said...

Happy Birthday, Landon!!! Wish I could be with you all .

Eileen said...

Happy Birthday Landon - I am so glad I will get to see you soon. I know you will have a wonderful party and when Aunt Judy and I get there we will party some more...