Sunday, September 12, 2010

$5

In this day and age, you can't get much for $5.
It used to be that you could get lunch almost anywere for $5.
Now, lunch is more like $7-10.

But here in Seattle, you can get a huge bouquet of flowers for $5.
I love flowers!
I love the way they brighten up a room.
So, when I see a flower stand - the car just seems to head that way.

The other thing I can get for {less than} $5 is my Starbucks coffee.

That's just what I did yesterday.
A cup of coffee at Starbucks with my journal and Timothy Keller's book, Counterfeit Gods, followed by a stop at the Edmonds farmer's market for a bundle of flowers.
Coffee and flowers - now that's a good day!

2 comments:

Eileen said...

And you deserve it all.

Anonymous said...

Those flowers are GORGEOUS! I do miss being able to get such great flowers without breaking the bank. So fun to see you enjoy them too.