Wednesday, August 4, 2010

What kind of a family are we???

Have you met my friend, Tisha?
She's mom to 5 homegrown and 2 African grown kiddos.
Yes, that's right - 7 kids!
They are right now - 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7 and 8 years old.
But Tisha is amazing.
If you like to read blogs, you need to add hers to your list.

Her friend, Melodie, wrote this about her in her post entitled "Affections Stirred."
When I read it - I cried - and cried.
Ok - really, I wept.
Wow!

What would someone write about me, Steve and my kids?
If given the chance to come here - spend an evening with my kids.
Would they go home and blog that??
Would they say ... as she said of Tisha and Bob, "That's what stirred my affections for Christ."

Would they say, "your family has lit that fire inside of me. I feel so incredibly blessed to know each child of yours, and be able to call you a friend. When I grow up, I want to be just like you ..."

Maybe - but I'm not so sure.
May I be a mom and wife worthy of such words.

3 comments:

Eileen said...

"Childhood is a battlefield. Sometimes I wonder if the causality is Mom's sanity."

Just checked out Tisha's blog and copied the quote from above. I am sure she is a great Mom, but you are greater......... Lots of love

Tisha said...

That quote was a joke!! I hope that's clear :) I'm guessing anyone with a housefull of young children can relate...

Anyway, Lisa! I love you! Thank you for your sweet words. You are always so kind to shine a favorable light on your friends. You have inspired me in so many ways! Your family is an extraordinary example of commitment to following God's leading and tender, receptive hearts turned toward him. And your love for all your family, immediate and extended is truly beautiful. I know there are many who are really touched by your lives.
I said on my blog too - if Mel actually lived here day after day, she would be highly unimpressed!
I wish we could still chat face to face. It would be so fun :)((hugs))

Shawn said...

you are a good looking family, with lots of love... I love you