
What is it?
Vacation Bible School?
Vacation Bible Adventure?
The Hero Headquarters (HHQ) were to be found at an Edmonds, Washington church this week.
The kids just finished day four of VBS.
I needed time to pack - and free childcare, er, uh, a Bible school for the kids seemed to be a good solution while Steve is away!
Although, I'm learning that VBS isn't free anymore.
Some charge upwards of $50.
This one was a mere $10 per child. Not bad if you only have one or two.
Water girl, Science man - superheros. I think they learned something about Bible superheros too, but I'm not sure!
Thankfully, the theme song says, "H-E-R-O, God is my hero..." At least we got that part straight!
But the part I'm not sure I get is the offering being taken up to buy a dog for the Edmonds Police Department.
Now, don't get me wrong ... I realize they need dogs! And they are AMAZING creatures!
But I think the police department has government money to buy dogs.
I don't think they need money from our kids.
In fact, I could think of a few places that really NEED money!
charity: water, Chikumbuso, Mavuno Village - what about sponsoring a Compassion child for a year or two? How about Haiti?
Sometimes I think the church in America is lacking in their global perspective.
But police dog or no police dog, the kids have enjoyed themselves immensely!
Vacation Bible School?
Vacation Bible Adventure?
The Hero Headquarters (HHQ) were to be found at an Edmonds, Washington church this week.
The kids just finished day four of VBS.
I needed time to pack - and free childcare, er, uh, a Bible school for the kids seemed to be a good solution while Steve is away!
Although, I'm learning that VBS isn't free anymore.
Some charge upwards of $50.
This one was a mere $10 per child. Not bad if you only have one or two.
Water girl, Science man - superheros. I think they learned something about Bible superheros too, but I'm not sure!
Thankfully, the theme song says, "H-E-R-O, God is my hero..." At least we got that part straight!
But the part I'm not sure I get is the offering being taken up to buy a dog for the Edmonds Police Department.
Now, don't get me wrong ... I realize they need dogs! And they are AMAZING creatures!
But I think the police department has government money to buy dogs.
I don't think they need money from our kids.
In fact, I could think of a few places that really NEED money!
charity: water, Chikumbuso, Mavuno Village - what about sponsoring a Compassion child for a year or two? How about Haiti?
Sometimes I think the church in America is lacking in their global perspective.
But police dog or no police dog, the kids have enjoyed themselves immensely!
1 comment:
Wow. Just wow. I did not realize VBS cost money now....or that it was changing to VBA. I am glad you pointed these things out so that I can be aware.
Post a Comment