LisaSteve Stucky just reached 500 friends on Facebook.
Friends - um, I mean 500 acquaintances - which include a handful of friends.
I think Facebook is a fun way to find old friends and "meet" new friends.
But it's most definately not a reflection of real community in my life.
I do NOT have 500 FRIENDS!
I DO know all of those people --
but some I haven't spoken to in 20 years.
Others I have recently met!
My life has been rich.
I've met so many people along the way - YWAM, CCC, church, school - people we've met in Colorado, Montana, New Mexico and Washington and even overseas ...
Many of those people have moved away.
And we have obviously moved.
It's fun to see a splattering of faces whom we've met at one time or another.
Many of those faces whom we will see again in heaven one day when ...
"... at the name of Jesus every knee should bow ... an every tongue confess that Jesus Christ is Lord, to the glory of God the Father." Philippians 2:10-11
2 comments:
Facebook reminds me of passing people in the hallway in high school between classes....a smile, a nod, a brief conversation. I like to read all the status updates and catch a little glimpse into the lives of folks I know, but it is clearly not much for growing deep relationships.
I do love to learn about the folks from my past who have become Christians along the way. That is a blessing!
You are my friend.
Post a Comment