So, Steve's new job is ...
Monday - Friday
9am - 5pm
Wow!
We haven't had this schedule in the 12 years I've known him.
It's always been Starbucks, Campus Crusade, church planting, school ...
nothing with a set schedule like this new job will be.
So, for me ...
that means taking all 4 kids everywhere I go.
I know most moms do this ...
but I've been spoiled.
Most of the time, I could leave the little ones home...
or run to the store by myself for a bit.
Today's plan ...
9:50am workout class at the YMCA
followed by 11am swim lessons for Shiloh and Landon.
Here's how it went ...
9am - "Ok, we're still good ..." until tears are shed, bottoms need wiping ...
9:40 - Finally in the car (it's a 15 minute drive) "How can we be late??"
10am - all kids checked into child watch - "Gunnar and Kelsey aren't here yet!"
"I'm too late for my class!*#(& - guess I'll do the eliptical machine"
11am - sitting at the side of the pool with Sawyer
... "No, Sawyer, you can't go down the big 'wee' (slide)"
... "No, Sawyer, you can't go into the pool"
... "No, Sawyer, you can't run on the tile, you'll slip and fall"
"I guess we'll go wait in the lobby"
11:30 - Shiloh and Landon taking showers
... Landon is crying b/c of shampoo in his eyes
... Sawyer trying to join them, dressed and all, screaming b/c I say 'No'
... Sawyer washes his hands - then throws the paper towel in the toilet!
"No," I yell, as he reaches into the toilet and pulls it back out!
... Sawyer screams and crying more loudly b/c I make him sit next to me
12:10 - home - fussy baby, who hasn't slept all morning, needs to be fed.
grumpy kids and mom need lunch ...
2:30 - Little ones are sleeping! Whew!
And Landon has fallen asleep too. What?!?!
Shiloh is in her room reading quietly.
I get a few moments to sit down and breathe.
I guess that's not too bad for my first big outing to the Y with all 4 kids???
3 comments:
Oh my goodness - let's hope not every day is that much "fun".
You go girl!!! What a fun fiasco... can we call it that???
Sounds like you did great! Hang in there, it gets easier as you grow into it.
Post a Comment