Saturday, May 15, 2010

The person who never goes out on a limb will never, it is true, have the limb cut off while he is on it, but neither will he reach the best fruit. The best fruit which human life offers seems to come only within the reach of those who face life boldly ... with no excessive concern over possible failure and personal danger. The good life is always the gambler's choice, and comes to those who take sides. Neutrality is seldom a virtue. - Elton Trueblood


Too many think inaction is the least risky path. Sometimes action is the most conservative and safest path. Not doing anything is exceedingly dangerous. - Frederick Smith
(both quoted in Sacred Influence by Gary Thomas)



We are reading through this book in my women's Bible study. I've read three other books by Gary Thomas. I love his style of writing. He has a way with words that makes me fall more in love with Jesus. When I read his books, they force me to take my eyes off myself and put them on my Savior. So excited to read more!

No comments: