God has indeed torn up my beautiful game plan! ...
Steve didn't get offered the internship at church.
I think I was more bummed.
He seemed to expect a "no."
So, for now, it's a non-ministry job for him.
He has an interview on Monday for a sales position.
As I've been processing, praying, seeking God in the midst of all this, I feel like He has showed me that it's just not time for us (Steve) to be in full-time, vocational ministry. Much like I've had to embrace motherhood as a ministry that God has called me to, I believe God wants Steve to also embrace a call to ministry in everything he does, regardless what he's doing for work. Steve has been sensing that's what God has been telling him ... and I'm just now starting to hear the same thing! =) It's like God has told me to stop pushing ... stop trying to force ministry now. We've had so many horrible things happen to us, our hearts and spirits are raw right now. We need time to just sit at the feet of Jesus and allow Him to heal us ... allow Him to redirect us ...
"and discover HIS plan, which is more beautiful than anything I could dream up!"
2 comments:
I'm sorry to hear about the job....but I love your attitude about it.
you remain in my thougths and prayers, always.
Post a Comment