Monday, February 22, 2010

Non-verbal communication

Sawyer only says a few words ...

"Ma-Ma" - Mom
"Da-Da" - Dad
"Wee" - Fun and/or slide
"Bee-bee" - Baby
"Uh-oh" - uh-oh
"Dee-dee" - Paci
"Hi" - Hi
"Ba-Ba" - ByeBye
"Bow" - Ball
"Wow" - Wow
"Beep" - Beep - Excuse me
"Ha" - Yes
(I'm sure I'm forgetting a bunch)

He signs more than that
and he's learning his animal sounds... cat, dog, cow, snake.
Thanks to Shawnie, when asked, "What does the microwave say?" He answers, "Beep-um" =)

But he is a FABULOUS non-verbal communicator.

"I'm hungry" - He grabs a plate and spoon and brings it to me.
"I'm tired" - He grabs his paci and blanket and reaches his hands up to be held.
"Daddy, come play" - He grabs Steve by the hand and pulls him into his bedroom.
"I'm thirsty" - He hands me a sippy cup.
"I want to hold Liberty" - He sits down on the floor, bends his knees and pats his thighs!

2 comments:

Shawn said...

He is just plain adorable. Beep mmmm....

Eileen said...

I love that boy!!!!!!!