Monday, November 23, 2009

Celebrating life "East of Eden"

Every now and then, I find that I need to simply STOP and think about all the good things in life. Sometimes life can be a beat-down ... and it's easy in those moments to focus on all the hard and ugly. It's when the ugly begins to cover up the beautiful that I need to remind myself of all that's beautiful.

GREAT MEMORIES
YWAM and short-term missions
Himes family vacations! (we took some good ones!)
The day Steve proposed - my 1st time in a hot air balloon
My wedding day
The birth of our kids
Camping w/ our little ones - especially when they could only crawl! ;-)
Road trips to Montana
Living in Montana

SIMPLE THINGS THAT MAKE ME SMILE
An eggnog "Misto"
Letters in the mail
Watching a movie with Steve
Phone calls/ text messages from home
Decorating for the holidays
A fire in the fireplace
Watching my children sleep
Hugs first thing in morning
Steve coming home at the end of a long day

THINGS THAT I LOVE THAT ARE BIGGER THAN MYSELF!
Africa - God has put it on my heart
Buying water for Africa - Charity: Water / Water4 Christmas
The thought of possibly adopting from Africa ... one day
Chikumbuso
Mavuno Village
Samaritan's Purse Shoeboxes
And to think ... I'm just getting started!
Already I feel better.

2 comments:

Shawn said...

Isn't that the truth? I have a "thankful" journal. I can only write down things I am thankful for in it:
the sunshine on my face
the stucky kids
a mug of hot tea
health
family
friends
laughter
forgiveness... We are truly blessed. I am so grateful that you are my big sis... remember camping in red river with all of us in your tent? What about ritchie reading Brer Fox and Brer Bear? xxx

Eileen said...

I am thankful for all of you and most of all a God who loves us. Of course those things are the "biggies" - I am also thankful for warm weather and sunshine, animals in my back yard, good health and "enough".