Tuesday, September 29, 2009

The Honeymoon Stage is O-o-o-ver!

Yes, we still love Seattle and love being here.
Yes, we still feel that being here is the right thing and we wouldn't change it.
Yes, we are still excited about our future as a result of being here.
Yes, we still feel that God's hand is in this.

But - as the perfect weather comes to an end and the clouds roll in, bringing with them rain and drizzle, making it more difficult to run & play outside, reality also rolls in, bringing with it a taste of everyday life and just what "life" will look like here.

Steve is only at school 2 days a week, but those are 7am to 9pm days.
He's working 3 or 4 of the remaining 5 days at Starbucks... which is quickly sucking the life right out of him!!
When he is home, he has a boat-load of reading to do ... and is trying to find a new job in his "spare time."

I am homeschooling, which I LOVE but am exhausted by!
The kids just started AWANA again last week, which is a weekly highlight.
And we are starting with a Christian co-op on Friday.
Beyond those 2 weekly events and church, the kids & my calendar is clear.

I am just now starting to feel the pain of lonliness. There's nothing like moving to a new city where we know noone. And as a homeschool mom, it's quite difficult to get out there and make friends! Steve is starting to feel connected at school and although there are other spouses, it will be quite some time before I feel connected there.

The stress of it all is sometimes overwhelming. I'm trying super hard to keep my focus on Jesus and His love for me. I am thankful for my life, the season I am in and the husband and children with whom I have been blessed. I am thankful to be in the beautiful northwest. I am thankful that Steve has the opportunity to study under Dan Allender and work toward a Masters in Counseling. I am thankful to be home with my kids and have the opportunity to homeschool them.

If I can keep all my thankfuls before me, then hopefully the moments of dissapointment and lonliness will fade away. Ah - to enter the "after the honeymoon phase" and embrace it with all I have...

2 comments:

Shawn said...

I am always praying for you all... hope you find joy in the moment, and the season... every day. All my love.

Eileen said...

Oh my little Lu - here is a great big hug for you. On top of it all you are pregnant. Lots of love sent your way. Only 10 days to go.