It was a great spot!
The beach was a 10 minute walk from our camp site.


Then, just across the street, there were 20 miles of hiking trails. We chose the shortest one that took us to a view of the Samish Bay and the Olympic mountains ... even up into the Canadian Rockies!
Baby Sawyer just wouldn't fall asleep on the hike, but was pleased to do so about 15 minutes away from the camp site.

The kids were as happy as I've seen them ... exploring the trails, picking wild blackberries, roasting marshmallows .... there was even a playground a 5 minute walk away!


Before heading home, we drove up to Bellingham and ended up in this great park by the Bellingham Bay. It had a cool board walk, right over the water. We watched the ships and ferries come and go.

Not only were we thrilled to find a great spot, but the weather couldn't have been more perfect. We're just enjoying ourselves and feeling right at home in the Pacific NorthWest!
3 comments:
Oooh, that sounds wonderful! I do miss having great places to camp and hike. I can't say our area is known for those things.
Thanks for the pics - it is so much better than trying to imagine where you are. Washington is really beautiful. Little Sawyer looks like he spent a fair amount of time in the dirt ;o), he is so cute. Did Landon love roasting the marshmellows? I am sure he did.
wish i could have been with you!!!
Post a Comment