The weather has been fabulous!
Sunny and 80 degrees.
Since the forecast is the same for at least a week, we are hoping to go camping next week before Steve starts classes on the 31st.
We scheduled our ultrasound for Monday morning.
Meanwhile, we are interviewing midwives.
Today, we met Charlene, a "Spiritual Midwife".
The laws in WA are quite involved. Many midwives have lost their licenses, so some are becoming Spiritual Midwives - which basically means they don't have a license. She was great. We really enjoyed our time with her. I'm just not sure about having a home birth with an UNlicensed midwife. That's a pretty big step for us to take. So, tomorrow, we will interview Darlene, a licensed midwife who has a birth center but also does home births.
It also seems that hospitals are not natural birth friendly. (Not that we'd have a birth in the hospital). Midwifery care is very different here than in Colorado, New Mexico or Montana. Hopefully we'll find a midwife soon. It would be nice to have the peace of mind that we have someone who is planning to be at this birth! ;-)
I've ordered Shiloh's school books. We're just about ready to start the school year. Since Steve starts classes on the 31st, I think we'll start then too. Shiloh is VERY excited about starting 1st grade. Landon has found his reader books and wants to read them NOW! I'm excied about this school year. I'm sure I'LL learn alot!
Until then, we're going to try to enjoy every day of the last 10 days of summer break.
2 comments:
Oh yeah. Landon will be happy you have camping on the radar. I hope it works out and only wish I were there to go with you. Love and hugs. xxx
So glad you are having wonderful weather. Camping might just work out. I will be anxiously waiting on next Monday - you better call and let us know the news. Love 'n hugs.
Post a Comment