Considering ...
*five out of six couples that said they'd plant a church with us are no longer even our friends
*our "church" has only 2 couples, besides us
*we are in the midst of moving into Kalispell (and I am so very tired of moving!)
*we are not sure how all of this is going to play out
Although we have been faced with a certain amount of discouragement, some great things have happened!...
*I have 7 couples for my Bradley class, my largest class yet
*The MOPS fundraising dinner was a HUGE success!
*We had NO idea where we were going to live 2 short weeks ago. Some friends of ours moved to Idaho for the summer for a job. They left their house fully furnished and offered to let us live in it for what we're paying now, $400 a month!
*We have a relationship connection to 2 churches in Billings & Bozeman. They are a part of the Evangelical Church of North America and are church planting churches. They gather 20+ people and save $100k+ then relocate to another town to start a church. The church in Bozeman, Journey church, is a daughter church to the one in Billings, Harvest Church. Journey started 3 years ago and has grown to over 1,000 members! Those 2 churches have just lauched a church planting team to Helena to start Narrate Church (www.narratechurch.org). We are starting conversations about jumping on board with what they are doing. It seems like it might be a good fit for us - and them, as they need more staff.
We are making plans to go to Helena after Memorial day to meet the staff and see if this might be something God would have for us.
So, my mind is full ... no it's racing, constantly! I don't blog about it b/c I don't know where to start really. AND I've wanted to see how some of this would play out before writing about it. We really are in a time of waiting, waiting and waiting! That's not an easy place to be, but we feel encouraged and hopeful that God brought us back to Kalispell for a reason. It may be that His reason is different than what we thought ... starting an EFree churches with the remnant from Elevation.
So, we wait for His direction and rest in knowing that He is proud of us and delights in our choices and our step of faith!
2 comments:
Wow, lots going on! Glad to have the update. Have wondered about you!!
Wow was exactly my thought too. I am so glad you have a place to live! bummer you have to move to live there :( I'll be thinking of you as I pack here for our annual migration.
Post a Comment