Well, unfortunately, our LOW expectations were met!
Besides us, there were 3 other couples and a single lady.
And we've heard that the newspaper did NOT insert our fliers like we asked them to do. It sounds like they ran it like an ad, somewhere buried in the paper!
As for our friends from Elevation church, only 2 couples have decided to stay with us.
That is probably the most disappointing part of it all for us.
It's interesting how in July they all asked us to come back and start another church.
But 6 short months later, they have changed their minds and don't want to be involved in another church plant. It seems that their trust has been broken through the mess Ben made. They are skeptical about us and a new church. Unfortunately, this also affects our friendships with them, not just their attendance at our church.
So, from the starting line, it would seem that all is lost and the odds are stacked against us. BUT we have hope and will press on! We believe on a deep level that God has called us to this and we will pour our hearts into it. It seems that He has others He would have us minister to and not those we thought He brought us here for. Although He used those people to bring us here.
Our next meeting is scheduled for February 1st. So, we have a month to publicize for it! Will have to try something other than the paper!
4 comments:
I know you are feeling the disappointment, but God is still working and since it is his church anyway he gets to pick the members and send them your way. "If you build it they will come." Keep up the faith. God is good.
"Just a girl who is trying her best to live her life "east of Eden" where things don't always work out the way I plan ... or hope. But I know that my Maker loves me and I am His. He allows all things to work together in my life, to the praise of His glorious grace!" When trying to decide what words might be encouraging I was reminded of your own posted on your blog. Love you!
Wow, what a day and what a journey. Praying for you.
Sorry such a discouraging Sunday. Any plant is hard, and probably the first week in JAN didn't help, not to mention the newspaper. I hope they'll make it right to you, and admit it was their mistake. All I suggest is keep building relationships between now and Feb.
Eileen 2 DR
Post a Comment