Over the years, I've become quite green ...
I've always made most of our food from scratch,
beans, granola, tortillas, biscuits, all baked goods.
I also make jam and can peaches, pears and tomatoes.
(although I didn't do so in ABQ)
What I can't make from scratch, I buy natural or organic.
Thanks to Julie and her perfect recipe, I make our bread.
And now, I get fresh ground wheat from Wheat Montana!
I make my own baby food.
Sawyer is now eating squash, carrots, sweet potatoes & pears.
We go natural on toothpaste, deodorant, soap, shampoo ..
laundry detergent and handsoap.
All my babies were born naturally.
I give them herbs everyday and avoid drugs when I can.
Only Landon has had an antiobiotic (and only once).
And no, we do not vaccinate.
I've always made my own baby wipes.
And now - I'm using cloth diapers!
I didn't use them with Shiloh and Landon.
But I inherited some from my neighbor, Leanne, in ABQ - so we're no longer a disposable diaper family. It's not as much work as I thought it would be. And since the electric bill is worked into our rent, it's a LOT less expensive!
Would love more green suggestions ... the more green the better!
2 comments:
Wow, that's a big step! You go green girl : )
We try to avoid drugs for the kids too....am wondering what kind of herbs you give yours?
Oh yeah, forgot to tell you, we received your Christmas card back in the mail. Bummer! Must have been the wrong Montana address. I looked it up on white pages.com. Seems like it was a box 0186 or something like that?? Anyway, belated Merry Christmas to the Stucky family!!
Post a Comment