It started after we left CCC in the fall 2006. First, I read Irrestible Revolution by Shane Claiborne. It really rocked my world and convicted me on a deep level in a number of different areas.
Then, I read Dangerous Surrender by Kay Warren. She's an amazing woman with a pure heart of passion to make a difference in the lives of people who dying from AIDS.
I regularly read Jody Lander's blog and her journey to adopt two beautiful children from Africa.
A 2-year old set of twins, boy and girl, Zeke & Kora who now have a home! http://www.jodyrlanders.com/
My friend Tisha also has a heart to adopt and is deeply burdened for Ethiopia. http://www.tishadeutsch.blogspot.com/
Most recently, the ministry of Chikumbuso in Zambia has moved my heart in a fresh way. Yesterday, as I was reading on their web site all I could do was CRY! I could not control the tears. It was like the Holy Spirit fell on me like a blanket and moved me to tears. http://www.chikumbuso.com/
*I cried for the orphans who have lost their parents to AIDS.
*I cried for the women who are left without husbands.
*I cried for the grandparents who have to care for their grandchildren b/c there is noone else to do so.
*I cried b/c of the poverty they face every day. The lonliness and the poverty.
*I cried b/c of the insane abundance of STUFF I have ... the STUFF that is packed away in storage, unused, which represents money ... money that most Africans do not have!!!
*I cried b/c America is so far off track - the "American Dream" and all. We buy and consume. We live beyond our means. We have far more stuff than we will ever even use, which often gets donated to Thrift Stores, or worse yet, thrown away.
*I cried b/c Christians are not engaged in the simple task of caring for orphans and widows. But are engaged in protesting political causes with intensity.
I don't know what this means for us as a family ... other than we will begin our journey of purging. Purging so we can simplify. Purging so we can give to those far less fortunate than we.
We will seek the face of God to see what else He might have us do to love those who are unloved and care for those who are uncared for. I CRY - cry out that God will radically transform my heart to truly make a difference in this world!
Psalm 68:5 Father of the fatherless and protector of widows is God in his holy habitation.
2 comments:
YES! YES! YES!
I love you. You seemed to capture your thoughts well... per our discussion. May God continue to call us to radical living.
Post a Comment