
Steve is a GREAT dad! When I watch him with our kids, I often think of one day a very long time ago when Steve and I were newly married. We were out hiking and I "informed" him that I did NOT want kids! I was taken aback by the look of sadness on his face. He REALLY wanted to be a dad! But I was not ready. He never brought it up again, never begged me or never made me feel bad for not wanting kids. But his expression stayed in my memory and four years later, we were expecting Shiloh.
I knew Steve would be a great dad ... but he's proven to be even better. Steve always puts the kids and me first. He never makes a decision without first considering us. He makes as much time for us in his day as he possibly can. He loves us, provides for us and protects. Whenever I'm with Steve, I feel safe.
God has grown and changed me in ways I could have never imagined because of Steve and my kids. Everyday, I thank God for Steve. I thank God he was patient and didn't try to change my mind but let God change my heart toward kids. I thank God that Steve REALLY wanted to be a dad. Shiloh, Landon and Sawyer are here because God brought Steve into my life. I am indeed, rich!
No comments:
Post a Comment