Yes, I think I just might go insane before this baby comes!
I actually went into labor Monday night from 10pm until 6am, when it just stopped!
My midwife, Hilary, has seen this before (afterall, she's delivered about 700 babies!) So, she's not worried. But we all thought labor would start up again within 48 hours.
48 hours have come and gone.
Today Hilary did a cervical massage and acupuncture.
We are scheduled for an ultrasound tomorrow morning, simply to confirm the health of this baby. Then, we can go another week or so, if necessary.
I just can't believe we are 2 weeks past our due date.
Everything feels normal to me ... baby is still active as ever and the heart rate is healthy.
I am now more tired than I could have possibly imagined. I don't feel like I can go on any longer!!! We are emotionally shot. Yet, we trust God and His perfect timing and stay committed to having this baby naturally ... so we continue to wait.
3 comments:
Wow, Lisa, this must be so frustrating! Surely it won't be too much longer.
Sweet friend, I can't even imagine. I am praying for you and thinking of you so much. Big hug from Denver!
Bless your hearts. That must have been incredibly discouraging to go through labor then have it stop.
You know it wasn't in vain, though. It's hard to trust God's timing in anything, but especially when you're so eager to meet this beloved little person you've been waiting for.
I just know he'll be worth it!
I'm glad you have a midwife who isn't freaking out about this... and you know that 2 weeks either side of a "due date" is entirely normal, if not always pleasant.
Hang in there, Sweetie~!
Post a Comment