There all kinds of people ...
* those who find the "perfect job" right out of college and stay there for 20 + years
* those who have a 1st career and then quickly and easily move into their 2nd career
* those who change jobs fairly often, but stay within the same "field"
* those who change jobs like they change their underware
I'm sure there are more ... although I can't think of any right now.
Steve and I fall into the last category. We may not change jobs everyday, but more often than most, I'd say. We have been married for 9 1/2 years and were on staff with CCC for 6 of those years. The remaining 3 1/2 years we have jumped all over the map. It doesn't bother me ... as my life journey was much the same when I was single, as was Steve when he was single. We've simply continued on the same path into our married life.
This recent "job change" has been no different.
Steve's dad once said, "It doesn't take long to figure out if a job is a wrong fit or if you are in the wrong place, doing the wrong thing." He has proven to be right in that statement more times than once.
We have been in ABQ for 8 months now, but we knew shortly after moving here that we may very well have come to the wrong place to do the wrong thing. LONG STORY ... but I will say that we have been seeking God and praying very seriously about what He might have for us.
We are now in the throes of pursuing another "job" and I will soon be able to say more. But for now, I simply want to ask you to pray for us. We really want to do what God has for us. We want to be where He wants us. And we want Steve to find the job that's a "perfect fit."
Some pretty crazy, God-things, have happened in the last month. We are excited to see what God might do through this process of being in the DESERT.
With a baby arriving any day now, a job change could make things a bit crazy ... but we are used to crazy! And the task of following God has always been a bit crazy for us! In fact, I think we've grown to like crazy. This time around is no different. So, we anxiously await for God to reveal the next crazy path He might take us down.
3 comments:
Praying for you guys, Lisa. Can't wait to hear the details!
I am praying, too, and looking forward to hearing where God is leading you!
Bless your hearts! I think it's incredibly cool that you are literally in the desert... Doesn't God do things in a creative way? Of course he can bring us through "desert" times, spiritually, without physically moving us to Albuquerque!
I will be eager, too, to hear what He's got in store for your family. I know you realize none of this has been wasted time. This coming from a fellow multi-career couple.
Post a Comment