Friday, March 21, 2008

A Test of Obedience

We have a house rule ...
on Thursday night, if the kids don't eat their dinner, they can still go to AWANAs, but they are not allowed to have the snack.

Last night was no different and Shiloh refused to eat her dinner.

Landon stayed home, as he's still sick.
And I took Shiloh to AWANAs.

I reminded her when we got there that she could not eat the snack, but could have a drink. I then dropped her off and went to the store. I had planned to be back before snack time, but was unable to get there in time.

When I walked in the door, I found my sweet girl sitting at the table, hands folded and her snack sitting in front of her, unopened!!

I was so proud of her choice to OBEY even when I wasn't there to remind her! {I then rewarded her by letting her eat 1/2 of her snack, just because she did so well obeying me!!!}

I was so incredibly PROUD! Too bad she isn't always that obedient! ;-)

4 comments:

~Kim said...

Wow, that is great! Definitely something to be praised and rewarded for! :-)

Tisha said...

What a good girl!! She looks so grown up in that picture too. Cute hair.

Joan V said...

Sweet girl! What a wonderful moment in parenthood!
She looks like you in that picture, especially the big eyes!

Shawn said...

I told you... and I know you know... you have an amazing little girl!!!