Monday, March 10, 2008

Sacred Parenting

"How Raising Children Shapes Our Souls"




If you haven't read anything by Gary Thomas - you should. Sacred Marriage is my all time favorite book on marriage. This book on parenting is proving to be more of the same.


Here's a bit to chew on ...
"Our own spiritual quest must drive our parenting. Unfinished or neglected spiritual business inevitably works its way out through our relationships in a negative fashion: we become more demanding, more controlling, more intolerant, more resentful. Our spouses and our children cannot quench the God-given spiritual hunger in our souls. When we neglect God, we ask our marriage and our parenting to become stand-ins for God - something they were never designed to do."

2 comments:

Tisha said...

oooooooh wow. You always have such amazing quotes to share. I love learning from what you read :)
I'm gonna have to get that book.

Joan V said...

Sounds like a great book. I can always count on you for a good book recommendation!