Saturday, March 1, 2008

Happy Birthday to Steve!

Although the kids think his birthday is tomorrow ...
as he is working today! =(

My sister is here for the weekend. Yipee!
So tomorrow, we'll do cake, presents ...
and if the kids have their way, go to the zoo.
Steve and I will have a night out - thanks to Auntie Shawn!

For his birthday - I'm sending him to Seattle for a conference at Mars Hill graduate school. It's called "The Leadership Crucible". Dan Allender is doing most of the teaching, which Steve will really enjoy. (and I'm really jealous!!)
So, next weekend, the kids and I will be home alone.
I'm really excited for him - this is a unique opportunity.
Nuthin' like a weekend in Seattle, listening to Dan Allender speak on leadership.

Happy birthday, Steve!

2 comments:

Ruthie said...

Wow -- what a lot of posting to catch up on! Let me start by saying that that birth order thing was hysterically funny, mainly because it was oh so true.

Next, what a good wife you are. That sounds like a great birthday present for Steve. I love Dan Allender, too.

And as for reading the Bible in 90 days, wow. I'm super impressed, and will be eager to hear how it goes. Good for you!

Joan V said...

Happy Birthday, Steve!!! Hope he has lots of fun in Seattle, sounds like a great conference.

Thanks for the laugh - I saw the truth with the second baby and I can only imagine how much more relaxed I'd get with a third.

Enjoy your night out!