
Here are a few quotes from his first chapter "Emotions: The Cry of the Soul"
"Our emotions connect our inner world to the ups and downs of life."
"Emotions seem to be on eof the least reliable yet most influential forces that guide our lives."
"We can view our emotions from the perspective of whether they lead us to engagement with God or move us away from greater dependence on Him. Emotions are like messengers from the front lines of the battle zone."
"God meets you in your weakness, not in your strength. He comforts those who mourn, not those who live above desperation. He reveales Himself more often in darkness than in the happy moments of life."
"You can encounter a person, God Himself, who exults in using darkness to reveal the brilliance of His infinite goodness."
God definately has me in a place of weakness, mourning and darkness. I have no doubt that He wants to use this to bring me to greater dependence on Him. Although I'm not looking forward to 2008 as I have past years, I trust that God wants to use my difficult circumstances to reveal Himself to me in a fresh way.
I pray that through His infinite goodness, God would make me more like Jesus and that my life would indeed be a "MIRROR IMAGE" of Him!
No comments:
Post a Comment