Tuesday, January 8, 2008

Refinement through Fire

Since we arrived in ABQ, I've been asking God what He wants to teach me here. I'm sure there are some lessons that need to be learned. I can think of a few just off the top of my head ...

*Contentment
*Peace amidst difficult circumstances
*Living in the present
*Trust that God knows what He's doing =)
Somehow I think He wants me to learn more than just those few things.

The move here has also placed significant strain on our marriage.
It's almost easier when it's just me struggling with my own issues than when Steve is a part of the mix & we have conflict between us.

I'm sure that somehow God wants to use this time to grow us closer together and take us deeper in our commitment to each other in this marriage. But right now, it doesn't seem that simple.

Yet Steve is the one who stole my heart, my knight in shining armor, the one with whom I want to grow old. I would rather be going through this mess with him than with anyone else. At the end of the day, he still puts his arm around me and tells me that he loves me & that everything will be alright.

Ah, nothing like being put through the pressure cooker ... or the fire ... or whatever it is. It's downright painful. But I pray that through it all, when all is said and done, I would be more like Jesus. Too bad the journey to get there isn't just a bit easier!

No comments: