Saturday, January 26, 2008

Lessons learned through pain

More quotes from Dangerous Surrender by Kay Warren ...

"Control the controllables and leave the uncontrollables to God."

"The meaning in our suffering isn't always immediately apparent. It may be months, years, or even decades before you catch a glimpse of how God used sorrow or suffering to accomplish His purposes. But bringing good out of evil is what He does best."

"All of us hate sorrow. We hate the suffering that comes from living in a broken world, the difficulties that bring us to our knees, the tears that roll down our cheeks like a flood. But in ways that can happen only in God's design, transformation gradually emerges from the ashes of fire."

2 comments:

Joan V said...

Sounds like a great book, Lisa. I'm sorry your MT trip got cut off before you even entered the state. I had wished for such a different outcome for you. I'm not sure how to show my support for you right now, but know that you are loved and prayed for.

Ruthie said...

wow. Great quotes. Hey -- how did you do that blog book thing? That's incredible! I would have no idea how to begin...especially since my blogging goes all the way back to, I think, 2004. But how cool.